May 23, 2010

MALICE

Reviewed by Milly, 12yrs. old - Teen Book Reviewer and Sometimes Baker
Malice, by Chris Wooding, is a horrifying book about a world that exsits inside a scary comic book. To get there you have to do the ritual and call on 'Tall Jake'. Two kids called Kady and Seth do not believe these rumours about this strange land until their friend goes missing.
This is the scariest book I have ever read, especially the first chapter when a boy performs the ritual, the lights go out and you just know 'Tall Jake' is coming. Even though I had nightmares about it, my friends are still fighting over who will read it next.
What I like most about this book is it is a great book for kids that don't like to read much and for the classroom. Even though it looks like a thick book it is half comic/half novel and both boys and girls will enjoy it.
The other really cool thing about this book is it has a 3D front cover. It looks like Tall Jake is coming out of the book to get you!
You'd think I wouldn't want to read any other scary books after having nightmares after reading Malice, but no, I can't wait to read another scary book!
I rate this book out of five:
This week I'd like to show you a little treat I call 'Uglies':
For this recipe you just use your favourite chocolate cupcake recipe (or you can use a packet mix) and add pink and white mini-marshmellows and white chocolate chips. Top with chocolate icing. They don't look very pretty, but boy do they taste good!

4 comments:

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I bought this book for my 13-year-old son. He hasn't read it yet, so maybe I'll borrow it and read it myself. It sounds like a winner. And those cupcakes look yummy! My daughter's birthday is next week. We'll have to try them out. :-)

P.S. I ordered the first book of The Floods series. Thanks for the recommendation.

Unknown said...

I think I know what I'm doing this weekend!!! Baking a few uglies and enjoying a good book!

Great review... thanks for the tasty snack to go with it!

Lydia Kang said...

Just found your blog from Shannon's site! It's so great, nice to meet you two!

Mary Aalgaard said...

I love your blog. Shannon O. recommended it. I am going to pass it along to some of the girls I know either from being their piano teacher or knowing their moms. I have four sons, so they might find some of these books good, too. The cupcake looks delish!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...